What is a Patient Group?
Every patient group is unique. Most commonly they work with their practices to:
• offer the patient perspective on the services that are provided
• help to improve communication
• encourage patients to take more responsibility for their health
• collaborate with practice staff during times of change to ensure patient care is not threatened
Park End Surgery Patients Group is an advisory body that aims to:
• Promote patient engagement in the development, provision and monitoring of the Park End Surgery services
• Advise Park End Surgery Partners to ensure that patients’ views influence the development of Park End Surgery services
• Ensure that the Park End Surgery Partners have opportunities to access patients’ perspectives to inform their services and activities
Click link to ‘Terms_of_Reference for more information
There was so much patient interest in joining a Patients’ Group at Park End that we have split the volunteers into two groups:
• A Committee – a smaller group that meets each month to agree priorities and carry out the related tasks
• A Reference Group – a larger group that meets each quarter to receive/give information to the Committee to support their work
Click link to ‘Meeting Schedule – 2014’ for schedule of meetings
Christopher Mason (Chair)
Gathering views from the wider patient population
In order to increase their understanding of issues that affect Park End patients, the Committee – together with Park End Partners – commissioned an exit survey of patients who visited Park End in January/February 2012.
Click link to ‘’Survey Report 2013-14’ for full results of the survey
Every year we produce a report setting out what the group has done in the previous twelve months
Terms of reference
Click here to download our terms of reference document
Patient Survey Results
Click below to download our patient survey results and action plans.
Click here to download our meetings schedule document
All patients are welcome to join the Patients Group! … the wider our membership, the greater our ability to represent the breadth of views and experiences.
There are three options:
(i) Apply to join the Committee. This is subject to vacancies; we have a list of patients who wish to join the committee.
(ii) Apply to join the Reference Group. There is no upper limit to the number of patients that can join. This group meets each quarter with Committee members
(iii) If you specific skills or experience that you believe would benefit the group, please let us know. We are always happy to recruit volunteers to work on specific projects eg management, publicity, IT, finance – or just plain common sense!
What is expected of Patient Group Members?
• To attend Committee or Reference Group meetings periodically for a maximum of two hours (dates and times to be agreed by group members)
• To work with practice staff to plan existing and future services in order to promote quality health care
• To voice concerns, ideas and suggestions to improve the services offered
• To work with fellow members in a constructive and positive atmosphere
What can Patient Group members expect?
• Administrative support from the practice staff to organise and clerk meetings
• Advice and support between meetings
• Resources to support projects agreed by the group
Interested? Want to give it a go?
Please give us your contact details and we’ll be in touch…..
Click How do I join the Park End Patients Group to download a sign-up form
Or fill this online form in
Camden Patient and Public Engagement Group (CPPEG) consists of a group of patients who are members of local general practice patient groups (commonly known as PPGs) who support the Clinical Commissioning Group in ensuring the patient voice plays a key role in our decision-making. For more information click on the links below
Link for front page: http://www.camdenccg.nhs.uk/public-engagement/
Link for 2nd page: http://www.camdenccg.nhs.uk/public-engagement/cppeg-meetings.htm (CPPEG papers/presentations plus Governing Body Bi monthly Patient Voice Report)